Solara utilizes Palomar Medical Technologies' Pulsed Light hair removal systems to achieve permanent hair reduction. Palomar Systems use specialized hand pieces which filter light from different parts of the spectrum. Different treatments such as hair reduction, sun spot removal, or rosacea clearance require light of different wavelength bands.
The Palomar hair removal handpieces emit pulses of light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
How is Palomar Pulsed light different from a laser?
Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a much larger treatment window than mos t lasers. This spreads light over a wider area of skin and allows faster coverage of the skin and quicker treatments as a result.
What body areas can I get treated?
Any area, except around the eyes. The upper lip, face, neck, underarms, bikini line, legs, chest and back can all be treated.
What are Palomar treatments like?
Your treatment provider will move the handpiece over your skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. A flashing light, and audible tone, and a mild sensation on the skin will tell you when the handpiece is being pulsed.
What should I expect after treatment?
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possible accompanied by some minor swelling. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, and can me soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
- The treated hair will continue to appear for 7-30 days post-treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs being expelled from the skin.
- At any given time, some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. Therefore, you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of all your unwanted hair.
- Typically, several treatments will be necessary to achieve permanent hair reduction.
The benefits of Pulsed Light treatments:
- Permanent: Concentrated pulses of light loosen the hair and disable the cells responsible for new hair growth.
- Fast: Small areas, such as the underarms or upper lip, can be treated in 10 minutes or less, and even large areas, like the back or legs, can be treated in under a half hour.
- Comfortable: Various cooling methods keep the light pulses mild and skin-safe., allowing for more comfortable treatments than electrolysis and waxing.
- Convenient: Unlike waxing, there is no need to let hair grow out between treatments. You can remain hair free all the time.
To view a gallery of before and after photos, click Here.