Solara utilizes Palomar's photorejuvenation process for comfortable and effective photofacials to treat sun damage, unsightly veins, and make visible improvements in your appearance. The Palomar Photorejuvenation process provide the most skin-safe, comfortable, and effective photofacials available with little to no downtime. Photorejuvenation appointments are quick, and you can return to work or other activities - looking and feeling fine!
How does Palomar pulsed light work?
Palomar Systems use specialized handpieces which filter light to target blood vessels and pigmented lesions. Each band of the spectrum has a wavelength that is ideal for different treatments, such as sunspot removal and vessel clearance.
The Palomar photorejuvenation handpiece emits pulses of light into the skin. The light is absorbed by the pigment in sunspots and the blood in visible vessels, which typically fade from view within two weeks.
How is Palomar pulsed light different from a laser?
Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a much larger treatment window than most lasers. This spreads light over a wider area of skin and results in quicker treatments.
What body areas can I get treated?
Most areas, except directly around the eyes. The face, neck, chest, arms, back, and legs can all be treated.
What are Palomar photorejuvenation treatments like?
Your treatment provider will move the handpiece over your skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. A flashing light, an audible tone, and a mild sensation on the skin will tell you when the handpiece is being pulsed.
What should I expect after treatment?
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
- Sunspots/Sun Damage: The sunspots will darken after treatment and be naturally shed from the skin within 1-2 weeks.
- Rosacea: Skin tone will typically benefit from less pronounced redness within a week after treatments.
- Spider Veins: Vessels may disappear after treatment or they may appear darker and then fully or partially fade within 10-14 days.
- Typically, a few visits will be necessary to treat sunspots, rosacea, and vessels.